East Rift Valley, which is surrounded by Central Mountains and Coastal Range, is a beautiful place spanning across Hualien and Taitung. The charming country scenery always attracts people come and visit.
Lintian Mountain Forestry Center
The Lintian Mountain Forest Center used to be called Little Shanghai. It’s once the fourth largest forest station in Taiwan. The rich forestry culture makes it a must-visit spot in the East Rift Valley.
Rueisuei Hot Springs
Rueisuei is the biggest hot spring spot in Taiwan. There are two types of springs here: colorless and odorless sodium bicarbonate springs and iron-rich carbonate springs, the latter also known as the “Golden Hot Springs" from the yellowish color of the oxidized iron.
Volcanic Mud Tofu DIY
Nature Experience Farm provides visitors with a DIY tofu-making experience using self-grown organic soy beans. You can use brine from the mud volcano to make tofu with your own hands.
Luye is a beautiful township with pure spring and fresh air in Taitung. Here is also regarded as a multi-cultural township that preserves many architectures and historical cultural of Ching Dynasty and Japanese colonial period.
A’tolan is the largest tribal community on the southern East Coast. Visitors can appreciate tree bark handicrafts, visit their village houses, and try seafood dishes here. It’not only has third degree historic sites, the coastal tidal zone also has highly ecological characteristics.
3 day tour｜Itinerary
Gathering → Heading to Hualien by train → Lunch → The Lintian Mountain Forest Center → Rueisuei Hot Spring → Hotel check in → Dinner
The Lintian Mountain Forest Center is known for preserving the most complete logging base. The park not only preserves logging tools and traditional firefighting tools, Zhongshan Hall, old railway that were used for transporting log and other hinoki architectures are also preserved. Now when you visit here, you can have afternoon tea at the café full of hinoki aroma. reminisce about the joyful cinema time for past residents, appreciate the woodcarving artwork, stroll in the Lintian Forestry Museum, and imagine the past glory of Lintian Mountain.
Breakfast → Luoshan Village → Volcanic Mud Tofu DIY → Lunch on your own → Taitung Luye → Dinner → Hotel check in
Luoshan Village, which is well-known for its mud volcano landscape, is the first organic farming village in Taiwan. Surrounded by mountains and sandwiched between two streams located separately to the north and south, Luoshan Village has all the makings for developing organic agriculture. The local produce gained reputation for quality.
The meaning of Luye in Chinese is a field filling with wandering wild deer. Here is characterized by “early spring and late winter.” Due to climatic factors and good drainage, Luye is very suitable to cultivate tea leaves. The Red Oolong and Fulu Tea grown here are all fairly well-known. Besides, in summer time, you can see lots of colorful hot air balloons at Luye Highland during the Taiwan International Balloon Fiesta.
Breakfast → Half day tour in A’tolan Tribe → Lunch → Return to Taipei
A’tolan is a typical Amis tribal on the east side of A’tolan Mountain in Donghe Township. In the past, Amis found lots of stones while they were cultivating. “A’tolan” means pile up stones or build stone walls. The Amis tribe has put lots of effort into promoting community culture in recent years. Beacuse of the promotion, the dances and songs are even more exquisite now, and the fine arts and crafts are also more innovative. Also the healthy Amis cuisine is absolutely worth a try.
- Departure date: 5/6, 5/20, 6/10, 6/24, 7/8, 7/10, 7/22, 8/5, 8/19, 9/2, 9/16, 10/14, 10/21
- Pick up: 09:00 AM (Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than schedule)
- Gathering at East Gate 3 of Taipei Main Station
- Tour fare:
1-person package / weekday price: US$185 up // holiday price: US$215 up per person
2-person package / weekday price: US$170 up // holiday price: US$195 up per person
3-person package / weekday price: US$155 up // holiday price: US$175 up per person
4-person package / weekday price: US$140 up // holiday price: US$155 up per person
- Children 2-5 year(s) share bed with adults & exclude meal, US$115 up per person.
- Children 6-12 year(s) share bed with adults, get US$7 discount each person.
- The price of infants under 2 years old is US$10 per person (Including insurance and handling fee)
Group Fee Includes
- The cost of 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner, hotel, Taipei-Hualien & Taitung-Taipei railway tickets and professional English speaking guided tour for all the tourist attractions as mentioned above.
- NT$2,000,000 Travel Agency Performance Bond Insurance and NT$200,000 Accidental Medical Insurance.
- A small gift.
Group Fee Excludes
- Please arrive at the meeting point at 09:00 AM on time.
- Hotel sets up for Double room. If you want to change it for Twin room or others, please contact us.
- This is a package tour. It’s non-refundable and it’s not allowed to select single part.
- If you need any help, please feel free to contact us!